CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Holiday Hiatus of Sorts & Challenges Galore...


Hello papercrafting friends! I am so sorry for the long hiatus. The holidays came upon me and somehow I kept going in spite of one of the worst cases of pneumonia/bronchitis I've ever had. The doc called it acute respiratory illness and wouldn't let me out of the office before I had a breathing treatment for the weezing in my chest but I'm happy to report the holidays and dinners & parties came off without a hitch...it is amazing what you can do when you just put your head down and charge on! Please remember to follow my blog if you like what you see!

It felt good to get busy again with crafting and there were several challenges I was longing to join so I came up with the idea for a New Year tiara. My granddog is visiting while her dad (and my son) is in Disney World so she was elected to model and did a fine job. Yahoo Daisy!! LOL!


Magnolia's Baby Tilda is standing in as Baby New Year...I just covered her sweet bunny slippers with a sparkly butterfly crystal for the occasion. Tilda has been blinged out for New Years with a sparkly blonde bubble hairdo and ruffled diaper. She is a fun stamp to color because the coloring goes quickly with so little clothing on!


Using my Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and the Design Studio software I welded the word "happy" and cut & glued layers of chipboard, gold & white cardstock, then blinged the heck out of them with Stickles. I cut separate smaller numerals for the year and painted them with pewter Lumiere paint which was coated with Glossy Accents. It has been snowy here on the East Coast so I decided to add a few MS snowflake punches which I Stickled and layered with different colors of white cardstock. Pearls & crystals were added for another layer of fun. You'll see the little embossed clock faces which I made by running Tim Holtz watch faces through my Cuttlebug...what a thrill to see the idea worked! I antiqued them with a white stamp pad to make the numbers pop. I made my embossing sandwich with: A plate, B plate, clock face right side up, cardstock (right side up), Wizard embossing mat, and lastly another B plate. Be sure to give it a try!

I purchased an inexpensive white plastic headband at the dollar store which I covered with 1/4" white satin ribbon. The deco for the top of the headband was added with two 2 1/2" lengths of ribbon which were first Tacky glued to the back of the cardstock "happy" then looped around the headband and glued again to the back. I added some Tacky glue to the inside length of the ribbon loops too. I hope you enjoy my little New Year project and will give one a try!

I'm entering this in a number of challenges:
Magnolia Hi-Lites "Word" challenge (ends December 30th)
Copic Creations - Sparkle (ends 1/14/2011)
All That Scraps - Magnolia Winter Near Us (ending 1/14/2011)
Magnolia-Licious Challenge Blog where the challenge is to make a mostly white card with this photo as inspiration. Hurry over, this one runs through 1/10/2011.
7 Kids has a Anything Goes Challenge running until 1/6/2011...this sure is an
"anything"!
All That Scraps - Weds. Challenge Blog "New Year" ends 1/4/2011
Simon Says New Year Challenge 1/5/2011
Odds are...I'll win a challenge someday!! Did you see my recent honor on the sidebar to the left?? Yahoo x 2!! Can you stand one more photo???
BTW friends...........H-A-P-P-Y N-E-W Y-E-A-R!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Lorraine A said...

oh wow !! what a fab tiara !!! this is brilliant !! very cute photo ,,, I just told my hubby that it's not just us who are cruel to our pets ha ha ha :-)


wishing you a Happy New Year and thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Heather said...

What a fabulous creation Ronda, stunning details, love the Baby Tilda and your model is adorable.

So glad you could join us in the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs Heather xx

Heidi Brawley said...

omg this is sooo cute!!! love the picture with it on your dog!!! Have a Happy New Year!!!
~Heidi Brawley

Candy said...

What a sweet idea to make a head band!!
What a wonderful dog to wear it for the photo!!! :o)
I love all you have done to make this so special and sparkly. The added snow flakes are perfect. Great idea to use baby Tilda!
Thank you for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
Happy New Year! Hugs, Candy

Pat said...

Hi Rhonda...how fun is this?!!! I absolutely adore this little baby Tilda...and she's just perfect for this New Year's headband!! Just precious...and such a fun take on the Inspiration Challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!! Thanks so much for joining us!!
Happy New Year, darlin'!!
Pat Frank

Tracy Valure said...

Oh my!! What an awesome idea, I just love it!!!! Super cute!
Thanks for joining us at Magnoli-licious Challenge Blog.
Tracy Valure

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

hehe fun headband! The letters & coloring look amazing!!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

cabio's craft corner said...

This is super cute and creative. Thank you for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge and hope to see you again for the upcoming ones :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Norma said...

Ronda, oh, this is fabulous. You are so creative. What imagination you have. That baby Tilda is so adorable too and wonderfully coloured. I bet Daisy was tickled pink to model that tiara for you. LOL. Terrific job you did.
Thanks for joining the fun at the Magnolia-licious Challenge.

Hugs,
Norma

Anonymous said...

so creative! What an adorable way to use the baby Tilda! Thanks for linking up to the All That Scrap's Winter Where you Live Magnolia challenge!
Pam Going Postal

mycardz said...

Wow, just gorgeous! Love this image! So glad you could join us at Copic Creations ~ hope you can stop back tomorrow! hugz, Mary