CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

7 Kids Challenge - Winter Scene



I adore this KK Charlote stamp and had to find a way to give my card a holiday feel so I turned it into a little "altered art" dazzler from a stamp that wasn't meant for Christmas. I added Charlotte's gloves, boots, & earmuffs so she could run out to catch snowflakes without her coat and oops...a snowflake landed on her nose! Those earmuffs are a pair of tiny lt. blue pompoms and a strip of white cardstock!
I added lots of Stickles and Glossy Effects to give a wintry feel to my card. There are numerous MS snowflakes with faux aurora borealis crystals as centers. The small MS snowflake is very fragile so I coated it with Glossy Accents to help it stay together. The card stock is a juxtaposition of glittery and distressed treatments. The image was first colored with Copics then, for fun I coated Charlotte's dress and hair with irridescent Lumiere paint and lots of Stickles. The naughty little one looks very cold with so much snow and her pile of icy snowballs. I iced up the Magnolia snowballs with Stickles and a coat of icy Glossy Accents. I just love the palette of muted aqua, pink, ivory & silver.

I'm entering this in 7 Kids Winter Scene challenge.

2 comments:

FitterTwit said...

OMG... my all time favorite stamp and you rocked it!!! This is hilarious and beautiful at the same time! Great job!

Julie said...

Oh my goodness! This is so cute! I love the colors, and her ear muffs are so adorable. Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

Julie