CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Yay...Challenges Galore!

I've been so busy getting ready for the holidays that I've not been able to find much papercrafting time but am back full throttle and plan to keep the mojo flowing! Here's my second card in as many days for another couple wonderful Magnolia challenges...I just love the colors of the challenge at Magna-licious and decided to use it on this most untraditional Christmas giftcard holder.
I made the card for my sweet DIL Michelle for her pollyanna for next weekend's family Christmas celebration here at my home. It's also an easel card. As I was editing these photos, I thought about the composition of the card and think those I like best are usually distressed and/or a montage that looks like things fell out of a drawer on to the cardstock. I think this one's in that category.

This was my first time inking up my new "Secret" Tilda. I love this stamp because it works so well for Christmas and birthdays. For a little fun I used Glossy Accents on the box bow to give it a little pizzazz. I hope you can see it in the photos.
In addition to the Tilda stamp I used Whimsy Christmas sentiments, and a $1 stamp from the craft store. The materials included Bazzill cardstock I cut with Nestabilities, MS snowflake & evergreen punch, with lots of embellies tossed in that include Recollection snowflake buttons, Prima flowers & centers, K & Co. felt stickers, foam glittery snowflakes from a $1 bin at the craft store and Imaginisce's Christmas Cottage (I won the whole collection with a challenge on Facebook.) plus scraps of paper. That about covers it. I used Copics for coloring Tilda and highlighting the "Don't Open Til..." stamp. If I can identify Copic colors please shoot me an email!
I'm entering these challenges:
Magnalicious - Pink/Blue/Green challenge (ends Dec. 21st)
Just Magnolia - Challenge 85, Make a Christmas Card (ends Dec. 16th)
ABC DT Challenge, Untraditional Holiday Colors (ends Dec. 17th)

9 comments:

LindaC said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the bright colors! Thanks for playing along with Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Linda C

Candy said...

Rhonda I love the style of your card and the way you explain it - is exactly how it looks!
Such lovely bright colours. Excellent colouring of Tilda. Great embellishments! Love all the depth you have put on it as well.
A real bright and sunny card to give :o)
Thank you so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
Hugs, Candy

Anonymous said...

What a fun card Ronda, I absolutely love the 'unconventional' xmas colors you have used and Tilda is colored beautifully. I'm sure your DIL will love it.
hugs

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Hi Rhonda...love, love, LOVE this card!! Your DPs are perfect...and such a great design to showcase Tilda!! So many fun elements!! Thanks so much for joining us in this fortnight's challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!! Pat Frank

Norma said...

Oooh Ronda, your card is gorgeous. And an easel card to boot--my favorite type. I really must put an order for this Tilda--she is adorable. Your colouration is awesome. I love the mix of colours on your card. Fantastic layout. Gorgeous DP's and embellishments. You've done such a beautiful job in putting this card together. I adore it.
Thanks for joining the fun at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.

Hugs,
Norma

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and cheery Tilda Easel. Love the beautiful flowers and details on this card. Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Color Challenge and hope to see you again and again :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Julie Foote said...

This is a very colorful card, love the color combination.

Thanks for joining the ABC DT Challenge at ABC Toys and Crafts.

~Julie

Jacilynn said...

great colors and one of my fave Tildas!
Thanks for joining us at ABC Toys & Crafts!
Jacilynn

Justine said...

Wow this is one of my fave's for the ABC Toys & Crafts Non-Traditional Holiday Color challenge. Thank you so much for joining us