CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Spotted Canary Contest...Thrifty & Recycle

Here is the beginning of a recycled mini hatbox! I used a spent roll of Scotch package sealing tape as my base.



I lined the inside and bottom of the roll with leftovers of lavendar solid paper, the outside with remanents of a cardmaking project, Basic Grey's Wisteria cardstock (3 circles make the bottom, 2 strips for the lining/exterior). To construct the lid, I cut 3 circles (1 chipboard, 2 c/s), 2 strips (1 c/b, 1 c/s). 2 holes are punched on the lid rim & a small length of green ribbon for a handle and voila'...a mini hatbox!!
Of course, the 3 mulberry paper rose leaves and handmade hydrangeas are icing on the cake. The hydrangeas were made using Martha Stewart's hydrangea punch that has 3 petals. I added a little pink & lavendar Flower Soft to the centers. For the lid flowers, I was inspired by Ellen Hutson's Classroom tutorial from Susan Tierney Cockburn which can be seen HERE.

1 comments:

nicolet said...

Oooh WOW, you made wonderful things!!
I´m going follow your blog!
Hugs Nicolet