CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Friday the 13th!!!


Time to get started on my stash of Christmas cards...I love to make cards but am horrible about getting around to mailing. This year the goal is to make one special card for each of my close family members...we'll see if I succeed!!

Please stop by the first entry for today's twosome of challenges...you can visit All That Scraps. Click the link above to head to ATS, entries due by Tues., 8/17 at 10 p.m.

My easel card was made with vintage, distressed layers of Cosmos Cricket papers, plus a circle of MME thrown in for good measure. It has a wreath of diecut gingerbread men from Cricut's Joy of Christmas cartridge and peppermints stamped from a Sassafrass Lass clear stamp. Punched hearts were added to the gingerbread men. The sentiment is by Martha Stewart. I added a brown dotted ribbon from my stash and popped dotted Magnolia's Cowberry Muffin Tilda to the side of the wreath. Tilda was handcolored with Copic markers. A little Stickles was added to her wings for bling!

My second entry goes for the first time to Scapgirl-Angie for her red/brown easel card challenge. Brown & red is one of my favorite Christmas color combos because it reminds me so much of baking so I just had to play along on this fun challenge. I have done a number of "Baking Memories" scrapbook layouts through the years using the same color scheme and will try to post photos of one soon...better yet, maybe I'll make a new one.

This card is destined for my special little granddaugther, Robin!

1 comments:

Angie said...

Rhonda,

What an adorable Christmas easel card! I just love the little candy cane swirls :-) Very sweet. Thank you so much for joining my blog candy challenge.

Angie
www.scrapgirl-angie.blogspot.com