CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge

This week's theme at Simon Says is "GIFT", not a hard one since I was planning to make this for a friend who is retiring at the end of the month.

I made Dona a set of 12 note cards and box figuring she'll need some extra thank you notes. This is the first time I've tried making flowers and was surprised it is easy. I used a punched 1.5" scalloped circle for these. Each flower is antiqued with a lavendar cat's eye stamp pad and has a faux crystal center. The cardstock is mostly SEI's Bridgeport collection. I folded the box with my MS board and was disappointed that the cardstock split when folded on the long sides which I tried to disquise it by antiquing the edges of the box. The decorated flap conceals a small circle of self-adhesive velcro.

3 comments:

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is so cute! I love the flowers and those polka dot leaves!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Edith said...

Hi Ronda,

I saw your nice comment on my last card and quickly went to see your blog. You have very cute cards and very interesting ideas. I will visit you again. I am your new follower!

Hugs, Edith:)

Christine said...

Oh, your gift is gorgeous!! I love those flowers that you created. Great colors too!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine