CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Last Holiday Party...


Tomorrow the family and I are off for our final family gathering for the holidays...so sad but my tree is down so I guess its time to tuck these memories away until November 2011 when we can make some new ones!

I'm heading down to mix up the ingredients for my coffee bag and plan to make a gourmet minty chocolatey coffee bean concoction as a small thank you. I also plan to use this style bag soon for coffee beans I give away every summer by the bag full to my beach house tenants. Can't you see these as shower or wedding favors too?? It would be so easy to print tags with names of your bride & groom and would look so special!!

The embellie is a wood snowflake with a large MS punched snowflake in DCWV glitter CS with a Prima faux crystal flower center. For a festive feel I looped a 6" length of silver lame' eyelash yarn from my stash behind the snowflakes. A couple layers of coordinating papers, one distressed make a nice base for my tag which I made with my computer covering the large "M" in Glossy Accents.
This bag was super easy to make! Start with a 6.75" x 12 piece of DP paper and just wrap as you would a gift around your largest MS punch keeping it open on one end. I used 1/8" ScoreTape down the side and on the bottom to finish off the bag. Inside I've got my beans in a cellophane sack with twist tie so the oils don't leak onto my package.
Two punched holes through both sides of my bag make tieing a sweet bow an easy way to close the package with a festive touch.

I'm entering this in ABC Design Blog's "Baby It's Cold Outside" Challenge which ends 1/22/2011...BTW, you can enter this challenge as often as you like. Be sure to check the rules for stipulations!

4 comments:

Edith said...

Great idea, Ronda. Thanks for the tutorial. Your bag looks wonderful!
Hugs, Edith

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Awesome!! I love how you thought out of the box (get it? Out of the Box?! LOL)!! This project is gorgeous - love the simple elegance of the snowflake embellishment. Delicious! Thanks so much for playing, Ronda, and for the shout out for the ABC Toys & Crafts Challenge - you rock girlie!!

Jacilynn said...

love this. super cute!
Thanks for playing at ABC Toys & Crafts!
Jacilynn

Justine said...

This is so clever and what a wonderful inspiration to me. Super interpretation to the ABC Toys & Crafts " Baby It's Cold Outside" challenge. Love this