CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just Magnolia Challenge


True to form, I am last minute entering a challenge over at the Just Magnolia blog where the theme is "anything goes" with beads. The card I'm entering has been a work in progress forever, it seems! You know, one of those things you picture in your head but it just doesn't work out? I bought the lovely Anna Griffin ivory paper with glittery silver snowflake several weeks back and instantly the color scheme worked out in my head but getting a design down was harder and this card is a diversion from what I planned but I like the outcome and have added it to my stack to send off to far flung family and friends this Christmas.



I decided to only use the upper half of Tilda which I colored with Copics. The double layered ovals were cut from my Cricut. The little "Let It Snow" stamp is a $1 Mary Englebreit design. The faux crystal snowflake is a beaut I won in an Imaginisce challenge some weeks back. Each crystal has 2 holes so I added a dangle glass bead to finish things. I've been using safety pins to attach little doodads to ribbons forever and thought it was meant to be for this card. The tulle for my bow was a find this weekend at a craft store north of the beach town where we have a place and will work well for Christmas and the beachy things I like to make all year!

The interesting ivory base is Bazzill Bling which I punched with the MS Princess border set. A large snowflake with diamond Stickles, a couple Prima flowers, and punched pink glittery MS brances are icing on the cake.


Please be sure to stop back November 13th when I will be participating in the OWH bloghop!

3 comments:

nicolet said...

This card is sooooo sweet!!
Greetings Nicolet

Mina said...

gorgeous card and I love the way you used just part of the image...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Ronda, glad I found ur blog. It's awesome!