CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

* * Uncle Luther's Honor Flight * *

I remember my mother's stories of long ago about her large family's beloved oldest brother who went off to war and was captured by the Germans...I thought it was so exciting when I heard that my aunt, Margie had nominated him for the Honor Flight Program. Honor Flight weekly flies WWII veterans, free of charge, to Washington, DC so they can see the wonderful memorial dedicated in their honor. Our uncle is one of the nicest men on Earth so it is fitting that he was selected to participate. His sacrifice was great and we are all so proud, and blessed to know this special man!

Each Honor Flight has mail call in flight heading to DC so lots of family members sent off cards to our participant. For me, it was much fun making a greeting card for our own family hero after just sending off dozens of cards to Operation Write Home. Everything I needed to make a patriotic card for a special veteran was right at hand...no shopping required!

Congrats Uncle Luther...I hope you had a terrific adventure!!


To make tax deductible contributions to this worthy organization contact Diane Gresse by email at offmgr@honorflight.org or call the National Office at 937-521-2400.

0 comments: