CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

OWH Father's Day Shirt Card




It is amazing the wonderful things one finds on Facebook and throughout the internet, specifically I mean Operation Write Home OWH. It is one of my favorite charities! A few days back up popped a cool card for Father's Day that I just had to try. The tutorial offered here is on the OWH website. The challenge was to make 5 and send them in to fill a shortage of Father's Day cards destined for our troops in the Middle East. I was surprised when I ended up with 18! They were so much fun and afterall each 12x12 sheet of old "ugly tie" scrapbook paper yeilds 9 ties. And after you get the hang of the origami tie they move quickly. That means 19 cards made in 2 days...woohoo...it had been a dry spell so its fun to do something worthwhile again and before I knew it I had a nice size stack of them...

If you're looking for a way to use up old paper, this is a most worthy use. I love the blue pinstripe shirt and can see someone's dad wearing that crazy tie!

My new Whimsy Mini Everyday Postage stamp makes a perfect sentiment for a dad card for anytime during the year.

1 comments:

nicolet said...

This looks great Ronda!
Hugs Nicolet