CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

DT Card Classes at Emerald Faery Garden & Challenges Galore!


This was a fun project! Check out my card class for this card at the Emerald Faery Garden website. I used a digital image of Boo & Snookie which I altered for this card.
Digital images make altering so easy! I flopped & cropped mine and printed 2 so I could layer them for some fun dimension. I used Neenah Solar white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. Here's my recipe: Flesh - E0000, E00, E50, E21; R000, R20, R11. Hair - YR21, YR24. Hat - G20, G83, YG00. Pants - BG0000, B000, B01, B02, RV000, V000, V06. Wings - E0000, BG0000, RV000, G20, G83. The wings were highlighted with diamond Stickles & coated with Glossy Affects. I cut only wings and head on image 2 which were pop-dotted over the finished frame to give the illusion of the faery peeking out of the frame.

I loved working with the current Mojo Monday sketch and am entering my card in this week's challenge. Check out this wonderful sketch: I chose not to use a sentiment (substituted 3 purple pearls) because I'm just horrible with them!



Lots of Prima hydrangeas with Robin's Nest centers were arrange around the frame & May Arts green silk ribbon/bow. My ribbon was less than perfect after removing a row of gathering stitches from a prior craft project but I loved the look...it's accidentally distressed!! A pearl pick finished things nicely.
However, the finished card look a little plain to me so I jazzed up the frame with lots of diamond Stickles and a few purple pearls. I was satisfied in the end!


Check back tomorrow to learn how to make the fun embossed framed I used on this card!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges too:
ABC May Flowers Challenge(5/21)
Flutter By Wednesday Challenge #153(5/10)
Creative Inspiration Embossing(5/10)
PaperTake Weekly

4 comments:

Crafty Lynz said...

this is fab, i love the emerald faery images. lovely card! xx

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card thanks for joining Creative inspirtaions

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful coloring and a beautiful card!

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.