CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

ABC & Hero Arts Fabulous Flowers Challenge


I've finally taken the time to use the wonderful Blossom Art Flowers CL495 set of Hero Arts stamps I got from ABC Crafts a long while ago. The combo of the daisy flower and my leftover parts of a digital image of Emerald Faerie Boo from my tutorial seen below. Sentiment is PTI.
(See Copic colors on the faery in tutorial below.) I haven't had much experience coloring flowers with Copics yet!

The daisies & leaves were colored with RV00, RV21, RV23, RV25, RV29, G20, G83, YG00, YR21, & YR23.


I used several fun techniques on the card, first being masking of the trio of HA flowers. To do this stamp a flower on paper, cut it out, lay/secure it over a stamped image, & stamp another. I then fussy cut the lower border of the flowers, sewed around the sides without flowers, matted it in pink and pop-dotted it over a trio of pink, green, & gingham layers. The faerie was fussy cut with an extra head and wings which were pop-dotted to the faerie, wings were coated with Stickles and Glossy Affects. I also covered the flower centers with Glossy Affects and sprinkled them with gold seed & bugle beads for some fun texture. The paper is all from my stash, with DP by Basic Grey & pastel pink embossed floral by Bazzill. This layer was sanded to make the embossing pop with a little white chalk around the edges. I added a little distressing here & there for interest and topped it all with a pink bow and vintage white organza ribbon.

I often admire the wonderful cards made by the Hero Arts designers but don't often join their challenges. It will be fun to enter this easel card.




Other challenges I'm honored to enter:
ABC DT Challenge - May Flowers(ends 5/21)
Word Play Weekend #3 - "Wing" challenge
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes(ends 5/26)
Crafty Creations #119 May Flowers(ends 5/25)

9 comments:

Ellibelle said...

OMG this is so beautiful! Love the cute fairy, it's beautifully colored and the sketch is fantastic. So happy you shared with me at WPW!!

Nana Donna said...

Love your card, your flowers coloring is great. I am still learning the Copic coloring also.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week
http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/

Curly said...

Wow this is so very pretty, beautiful colour theme and design, and fabulous colouring and adorable image,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week,

Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0)x

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is fantastic and I love the lace in with the bow - again, GoRgEoS card!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful card and your flowers are colored beautiful, like your farie too.

greetings karin

Natalie Z said...

Wow...! This is so so so beautiful.
Hugs Natalie xx

Dawn said...

Stunning, I love it!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Ronda your cards are beautiful! I'm here for the OWH blog hop but blogger wouldn't let me leave a comment on that post so I Insisted and ended up one below :)

You drew your own bear, how fun, he's cute! Do you make digi stamps too?

Happy hopping and have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning! Love the cute image and your coloring is fabulous! Hugs, Karen