CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Making an Embossed Picture Frame







This was a fun project that was born years ago when I saw someone run a bottlecap through a Wizard...I thought ah-ha! I can run other things through there with paper and make interesting things myself, right? This was my first try after so many years...shame on me. It was so fun and easy and looks great on my card. The little Making Memories brass frame will last forever so I'll use it again and again.

To get started I used the following sandwich with my Cuttlebug: A plate, B plate, metal frame, cardstock, Spellbinders rubber embossing mat (or 2), B plate. I cranked it through and reversed it back again.

After cutting out the frame and window, I antiqued the frame lightly with a mini catseye purple chalk stamp pad and backed with a contrasted green cardstock. I made the backing by tracing the wrong side of the frame and cutting out about a 1/16" greater along the perimeter than my tracing line. For my faery project, I attached the base image to the green cardstock backing after tracing and cutting inside my tracing line so none of the image showed around the frame. The frame was then pop-dotted into place over my green cardstock backing and faery image to give a 3D appearance. To finished things I added & pop-dotted another head & wings to my faery which I allowed to overlap the frame for a little whimsy. To finish things I added lots of diamond Stickled to the raised areas of embossing and a few purple self-adhesive pearls...I think tiny AB crystals would have looked better but these worked in a pinch! I hope you give it a try!

0 comments: