CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

French-Theme Altered Art Magnet Hanger

I was in the mood to exercise my altered art side so I decided to toss together a few items and made a magnet for a friend...one who sends me the most amazing handcrafted gifts and I am so terrible at reciprocating! I've been thinking of her lately and thought she might like this... I made this collage using old bits of this and that I had in my studio with an reprint of a vintage image that looked very French to me. The edges of the photo were antiqued with UTEE and the Eiffel Tower was embossed with copper. I love distressing cardstock and added a square of corrugated stock I had on hand from old packing materials. I will be so sad when my supply is exhausted! All parts were antiqued with walnut stain, vintage buttons and stickers round out things. But what would it be without my prized May Arts Ribbon and lace trim? This was my first time using the i.Rock too...check out the flourish of pearls! I hope my friend likes the gift I'll be sending off soon!

0 comments: