CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010


I made this fun little stocking for two challenges! Just Magnolia's #65 Vintage and a double-pocket All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge. It was a fun endeavor for sure and quick too!

I sketched a freehand stocking on a 5" x 8" card and cut around both layers making two sides of the main pocket, then traced & cut pieces to decorate the front side from MME's The Merry Days of Christmas collection. The cuff was trimmed with old lace, ribbon & a button from my stash. I notched the top with a partial cut from a circle punch to make taking items out of the stocking easier and stitched the toe/heel & around the outside of the stocking. A diecut from the same MME collection was used to make the front pocket which was sewn to a layer of green cardstock, 3 corners were punched, brads added & glued in place on card top to finish. The edges of the main section were glued leaving the top open for stuffing with loot!

My vintage Tilda Santa rubber stamp was hand colored with Copics and pop-dotted him on the small outer pocket. The seal, also a Tilda rubberstamp, warns all little children that "Santa is Coming to Town". I decorated a grungy tag by 7 Gypsy's added Prima flowers and MS punched evergreens along with some vintage buttons & ribbon. The ruler was made long ago for a back to school project. I thought it looked perfect inside!

What a perfect Christmas stocking for any boy or girl with double pockets for a giftcard, lollipops and loot...I know a bunch of little ones in my family who are getting this at Christmas!!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Love this take on the double pocket card, sooo cute! Thanks for joining us at the ATS challenge this week!