CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kissing???????


Hmmm...just needed a break today to do something without Copic coloring or little human figures! I've spent hours coloring lately though there are no cards on the blog to show for it. They will appear someday :-)

I enjoyed this video at Hero Arts showing the "kissing" technique recently and thought I'd have a little fun trying something new and while I was at it, entered it in their February challenge.

Check out the stamps I used...
The inexpensive foam fleur de lis stamp was purchased years ago for a New Orleans album I made for my daughter who volunteered in St. Bernard Parish after Hurricane Katrina. It was the only stamp I could find in my stash that seemed appropriate for the technique so it basically dictated the direction of the card. So much for inspiration! Hey, but at least Paris is the city of "love"...right!?!

To achieve the "kissing" one must use 2 stamps which are pressed or kissed together to share ink from both stamps. I inked my fleur de lis stamp in black Memento and "kissed" it with the larger background stamp which was inked in white Brilliance ink. Lastly, the fleur de lis was stamped on gold matte metallic cardstock and voila'!

You can clearly see both images plus the added interest of the metallic finish to the cardstock. (Click image at right for a better look.)
I LOVE the look! I assembled the tag pocket from kraft cardstock, black brads reinforce the pocket edge which was folded down twice. I punched a hole at the back of the pocket and added a length of my brand new prize May Arts ribbon I won for my Valentine banner in an earlier post.
The ribbon was antiqued with black & walnut ink as was the kraft pocket. The double-layered image and pocket cardstock were distressed slightly as well. The fleur de lis was stamped twice so I could add some fun dimension. To finish things off I added 3 royal blue faux crystals which I colored with black Copic marker.

This technique was so much fun. I can't wait to try it again.

0 comments: