CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

It's an Emerald Faery Valentine




I've waited patiently 'til today to announce "officially" that I have joined the design team (DT) at Deb's Creations in Queensland, Australia so I could share my very first project and L-O-V-E for this cool group and my new passion for the wonderful Emerald Faeries!


Check out the cool french fry style take out box I made from a LeeLou template in a double-sided DP. To make it a very cool present for my 4 year old granddaughter I added a scalloped 2 layer heart that I dry embossed with my Cuttlebug folder and antiqued lightly in white ink. The felt heart, flowers, ribbon, etc. are all from my special little V-day stash. I coated the cream pearl heart with pink Copics to make it work for the collage.

This weekend my special little gal came for an overnite with gramma & grandpop so we had a lot of fun making Valentine cookie pops to fill her box. The Wilton kit was a big hit and perfect project for an adult and 4 year old. I made the icing, filled bags, supervised and decorated a few myself but mostly it was fun spending time with my special little love!


My cute little faery is from the Larakin stamp from the Emerald Faery collection that is a shop exclusive to Deb's Creation. I am in the USA so I'm thrilled to beable to get digital downloads of the faeries so I don't have to wait for shipping. This means I can also manipulate them to my desire. I flip them and resize to suit whatever my need. This little fellow is the top faery (Ashtob, I believe.) in the sweet Larakin digi stamp. So to save ink and paper I just erased "Boo" from the bottom and printed away.

I love working with digi stamps but it takes a couple tries sometimes to get it right. I find it's best if I print my images out a day ahead so the ink dries well and I still give them a good once over with my Marvy embossing tool. You'll still need to avoid coloring over the lines so as to not smudge the ink. I used Copics on little Ashton as follows:
Skin - E0000, E50, E21, R00, R11, R20
Pants - G20, G42, YG00, E50
Hat - E50, RV23, RV25, RV29

I hope you'll stop on over to Deb's to order an Emerald Faery or her other cool stamps & supplies!

2 comments:

Cazza said...

What a fab gift box :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Anita Bownds said...

oh Ronda that is so sweet ,totally love it..