Friday, June 15, 2012
Here's my thrifty $2 purchase from the local flea market. I hoped it would work for Copics but looks like it is best suited for my stamp pads and reinkers with some Stickles tossed in for good measure.
First, I scrubbed it down then lightly sanded all surfaces. I didn't opt to prime it since it had a commercial grade coat of white paint so I moved straight on to painting. It took several coats of satin black paint to cover the white with a light sanding between coats...
I finished off with several spray coats of clear satin acrylic for durability. One sheet of scrapbook paper made a perfect lining for the back of the box and voila! Not bad for a $2 investment and a couple hours of time.