Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Magnolia-licious is having a Valentine challenge. Be sure to check it out. Here's a look at my entry...
Notice I split the easel card base so the top of my heart shows! Be sure to check out the details below about my Tilda and Edwin image.
I used distressing & antiquing on the card and pop dots to lift the large heart off the base for some fun dimension.
I came across a tiny heart print cardstock in one of those scrap packs at my local craft store and knew I had to do a paperpiecing on my Edwin overalls. I also used the same print on Tilda's pocket. Edwins patches and pockets were colored with a Copic marker. I love the result...those hearts are the perfect size for this technique. By the way, all I did was stamp the image on the red heart cardstock and fussy cut and glued over my image used here. Easy peasy!
Here are the ingredients for my little recipe. (Oops - am showing the negative of the letters I used.)
I also plan to enter this card in the following challenges:
Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar "Window" challenge. Hurry...this one ends Jan. 25th!